Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Global Achievement Gap

Recently at school we have been challenged to get into the book, The Global Achievement Gap by: Tony Wagner. Whenever I start a new book, I have a bad habit of reading the last paragraph first. This sometimes ruins the plot of the book but in this case it encouraged me to get started immediately.

Let me share it with you:

Wagner states " In the mean time, I continue to have great admiration for the educators who-in spite of being pressured to just teach to the ests-struggle to teach their students the skills that matter most. And I continue to have great appreciation e many parents and business, military, and community leaders who tirelessly advocate for the total transformation of our obsolete education system. Because of all that I have seen and heard in the two years since completing this book, I have an even greater sense of urgency, as well as hope-about this work we do together"

In this season of hope as well as tired school teachers, I hope that you can find some continued hope to keep fighting for our school systems and the children that attend those systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment